The HIPAA Data Security applies to protected patient health information in electronic formats. This is protected patient information either transmitted by electronic media or maintained on electronic media.
Shadik Technologies maintains and transmits protected health information are required by HIPAA data security as follows:
- Ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all electronic protected health information our client creates, receives, maintains, or transmits.
- Protecting against any reasonably anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of such information.
- Protecting against any reasonably anticipated uses or disclosures of such information that are not permitted or required.
- Ensuring compliance by the client’s workforce.
Our emergency HIPAA data security contingency plan includes:
- HIPAA data security data backup plan.
- Disaster recovery plan procedures to restore any loss of data.
- Emergency mode operation plan procedures to enable continuation of critical business processes.
Shadik also implements additional HIPAA data security technical safeguards
- Limit access to and electronic protected health information.
- Encrypt and decrypt electronic protected health information.
- Audit controls that record and examine activity in information systems that contain or use electronic protected health information.
- Technical security measures to guard against unauthorized access of protected HIPAA data security health information.
Backing Up and Restoring HIPAA Data Security Compliance
The HIPAA data security backup and file recovery process are completely automated, eliminating the need for manual data handling. Backups will automatically occur according to the specific schedule that the user sets in place. In the event of a complete system failure, a full recovery of the user’s backed up data can be initiated in just minutes.
Shadik backup and recovery can help organizations meet HIPAA data security compliance requirements. Shadik automates the processes of securely backing up electronic data and file recovery. It was created, with HIPAA data security healthcare providers in mind, to satisfy the broad need for a safe, reliable, and cost-effective method of backing up data offsite and allowing full file restoration at any time from any authorized location.
HIPAA Data Security and Encryption
Our HIPAA data security solution is a secure and trusted method to protect private data. During a backup, all data; including patient and billing records, are encrypted before leaving the user’s computer, and is never accessible without the user’s encryption key. This encryption key is stored only on the user’s system and never transmitted over the Internet insuring HIPAA data security.
Logging and Archiving
Shadik HIPAA data security records each file that is backed up or restored as well as additional information and statistics regarding the backups. This audit log, which can easily be searched, allows the user to verify that files were successfully backed up and help troubleshoot any issues. The client also has the option to receive an automated email notification at the conclusion of each successful backup.